Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our Thanksgiving


We had a small, quiet Thanksgiving, considering the size of our extended family...

This was only my second time to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, so of course I was nervous about the Turkey. The 1st one was only 14lbs......the one I picked out this year was just a little over 20lbs!




We had dinner at Mom and Dads and of course I had to put a table setting together at the last minute. It would be a shame to not use my Turkey plates at least ONCE a year.....haha



It turned out really pretty. I didn't spend a dime on anything but food. The pumpkins were left over from my fall decor and the limbs cut from outside....everything else came from my closet of goodies :)





We cooked, cleaned it up and had an enjoyable evening of relaxation, games and sorting through sale papers...



My SIL and I even ventured out to the 10pm opening of Toys R US and the 12am Old Navy Opening.....it was pretty crazy, but I got some wonderful  deals and am DONE with Bri's Christmas AND birthday which is Jan 26th. That made me HAPPY!

I am very Thankful for the life God has blessed me with.....I have a wonderful family, dear friends and good health....what else could one ask for???

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalms 107:1








1 comment:

Kelly said...

Beautiful table and delicious looking bird! You need to have your own show, seriously!
Kelly