Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Vignettes



I love the idea of vignette decorating......its like a space within a space that can become whatever you want it or need it to be through out the year!


They are the easiest way to switch your home decor in and out with the changing of the seasons with minimal effort. 

I keep a closet stashed with all sorts of extra goodies to change in and out through the year....most of these picked up on thrifting excursions of course *wink wink

I have started to Deck the Halls of Maison De Merriman....

However, I'm far from done



I found this beauty on a recent trip to Southern Thrift....it is the ugliest, yet most adorably whimsical angel/fairy I have ever seen....

The vintage garlands I found inside of a burlap sack that I purchased at the GW outlet back in the spring...

Imagine how excited I was when I got home and found those!
They have been tucked away in that handy decor closet just waiting to shine :)


Amaryllis...not real of course....I've never tried my hand at growing a real one...

I should try that sometime...I found this one at the GW

 
My winter scene bone china tea set that I purchased last year took the place of fall china in on in the dining room hutch.

I can hardly wait to have tea!









2 comments:

Kelly said...

Very cool finds, Stacey. If you get tired of the star garland I will be glad to take it off your hands. I really would love to find some fall china too!
The ugly angels is sort of adorable and reminded me of my first Christmas married. Being the creative monster that I am...I made dough art ornaments and the star of the show was a dough angel. I weighed maybe 5 lbs. (exaggerating) but it caused the top of the tree to lean a bit. LOL. I have a picture of it somewhere. Oh, the Christmas memories!
Love your post!
Kelly

Seneca said...

I love all of your beautiful treasures! Mom and I have been feasting on Cream Earl Gray and it has been most devine! If it wasnt so hot in the summer I think that I could drink tea every single day...