Tuesday, March 9, 2010

~Help~

When we moved in last May....I went off on a tangent and painted my kitchen cabinets green.....I love green.... Its my favorite color...... reminds me of being in nature. It took me weeks to sand, paint, paint again, distress, stain, poly, poly again. While I love the way they turned out......I am not happy with them :( much to my dismay and even more so to my DH! 

I do however love the way my island turned out. So, i was thinking....(Ahhhh oh no...run for the hills) I dont want to totally lose my green. What if I paint the top cabinets to match the island (the bulk of them are on top) and leave the bottom green?

Below are a few pics of my kitchen.....please know that it is A WORK in PROGRESS....lol I am still living with "fake" butcher block (gag) and a stock sink and faucet. Oh, and no back splash! We want to install real butcher block, a nice deep stainless sink and new faucet. Another project....the light over the island and the ceiling fan that is almost touching the wall (totally weird) need to be moved so I haven't even thought about lighting yet!

But here it is.....Opinions pretty PLEASE :)











Here is a before pic
All We had done is brought in the new appliances and the island AKA $20 "work bench" I snagged off craigslist!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the green color of the cabinets and i adore the workbench. So hard the decisions. I love that eiffle tower--goes well with the song playing on your blog...where do you find all your stuff

Anonymous said...

I think your kitchen is lovely. You just need to bring some more WHITE into it, but you don't need to repaint your top cabinets. Why not replace some of the cabinet doors with glass or chicken wire. Then display in them some of the white pottery that is now on the hutch - it'll lighten up your whole kitchen!

By the way: I don't believe in global warming either, in spite of the fact that all media is shoving it in our faces! But be careful, I discussed it with a dear friend and she didn't talk to me for a week!

I am much older than you and I've lived for 33 years in the same home we built in 1977. All who visit my house compliment me and ask me for decorating advice, even my kids' friends who have larger and much more expensive houses! I assure you that with elbow grease, inexpensive changes and vintage additions, you can make your home beautiful.

One more tip: Check out "Tongue in Cheek" blog. I discovered it last year. Corey Amaro is an American married to a Frenchman for 22 years. If you love France you will adore her blog!
Ana MarĂ­a