Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Fireplace....



Its finally arrived folks! The Autumn weather!!! Today is just wonderful....nice and cool and a crisp breeze blowing. We started a fire in our fireplace this evening. I have been dying to have one since we moved in 5 weeks ago but it just wouldn't get cold! hahahae

I am trying out some different decorations in this room. It is our second living room  and is much larger than the first. As you can see the fireplace is massive and is the focal point of the room. I have to be clever in decorating this space as it has a light strangely colored wood paneling on the walls. Thankfully the curtains are a very neutral tan and cream paisley print as they can't be helped either.

My plan is to bring as much white/cream into the room as I can. I found a ginormous white slip covered chair and ottoman (that I am melted into in front of the fire right now! aahhhhh) I am looking for a couch now, but cant decide what I want. I look on craigslist everyday, but just haven't found "it" yet.

But back to the fireplace....I digress ;p I found these frames at a yard sale for $2 each over a year ago and had no clue what I was going to use them for at the time. I found some inspiration in The Old Painted Cottages "May 2010 Cottage of the Month". They are original grain sacks I believe and are not framed but its the idea that I loved. As you can see I have only just begun the project and already screwed the first one up!

The owners of our house call it "Pointe De Vue" When I get around to posting more photos you will understand this. lol I decided to use this phrase on the burlap. I am awaiting the arrival of a garland stencil and the No= one as well. which I will insert the house number 5887 beside.  I cant wait to get them finished.

What do you think?? Do you like the clock in the middle? I am in love with antlers right now....I am trying to find a way to incorporate those in as well. a pair over each print??? sigh...so many decisions....

No comments: